Looking for a tasty and healthy new way to enjoy chili? Well this recipe does not disappoint made with fresh organic ingredients that puts a brand new twist on chili. It’s very easy to make and everyone will be begging for seconds!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Brown onion, chopped
- 2 Teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ Teaspoon organic coconut sugar
- ½ Orange bell pepper, chopped
- ½ Yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Pound 99% lean ground turkey
- ½ Teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ Teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ Teaspoon 100% organic cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 15oz Canned organic tomato sauce
- 1 Cup organic low-sodium chicken stock/broth
- 15oz Canned organic no-salt-added black beans
- 7oz Organic low-sodium canned kidney beans
- ¼ Cup green onion, chopped
- 1 Cup plain cooked quinoa
In a large stock pot, pour in the olive oil over medium heat then stir in the onion through the sugar and mix until soft. Add in the bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes. Next add the ground turkey and break it up into chunks. Do not fully cook, just until no longer pink. Next, stir in the cinnamon through the green onion and simmer for about 15 minutes.
(If you don’t want extra meat in your chili just use ½ pound and/or if you also don’t want a lot of beans, use half of the black beans–nutritional content will vary).
Finally add the cooked quinoa and continue to stir/cook for another 5 minutes. (If you want your chili a little spicier, add more adobo sauce or add in about 1-2 teaspoons of chili paste).
Makes 7 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup
270 calories / 4g fat / 4g sugar / 510mg sodium / 40mg cholesterol / 25g carbs / 9g fiber / 27g protein / 485mg potassium